Home Discussion Forums Shopping Competitions Arcade Test & Review Zone Freebies Contact Us About Us
Home Mistress B FlipFlop Helaina Jacs Wenders WittykittyCat wenders 2nd Baby muminusa savvy
Wenders Birth Story

My 1st son was born on Sunday 25th sept 2005, 2 days after his due date. I started with pains on the Wednesday dinner time, I rung my husband at work to tell him the contractions were coming every 20 mins.

The contractions kept coming every 20 mins all night , then they stopped for a couple of hours at about 9am, rung hospital they said to wait till they come 5 mins apart for over 1 1/2hours... Thursday came and went still getting a strong contraction every 15/20 mins (kept sane by playing on the playstation with hubbie!) By Friday morning I was utterly shattered!! No sleep for 2 nights, not good!!

Contractions were still coming every 15/20 mins spoke to hospital again and was told to take paracetamol and a bath... by this time I'd had my tens machine on for a day and was very attached to it, so no bath for me! Another day on the playstation stopping now every 10/15 mins. Another call to maternity ward who said again "wait until they come every 5 mins".

By 8pm Friday night the contractions started coming every 5 mins... We went up to maternity ward to be "checked" by a midwife only to be told I was just 1 cm dilated!!!!! After over 2 days of pains for 1cm! My hubbie went home and I stayed in, I needed painkillers! By 10am Saturday I was 2cm dilated...yes I know this is the longest labour ever, lol. Contractions still coming every 5 mins. I then spent the day walking around the maternity ward, then around the hospital to help speed things up. By Saturday night 11pm I was 4/5cm dilated. By now the midwives were back on shifts that I'd seen on Friday night!

I finally got moved to a labour room at 12am, I was dead on my feet, hungry, exhausted & in pain... I had a wonderful midwife who said to use gas & air to relax me. After feeling sick, dizzy & nearly falling off a birthing ball she said I should have some pethadine to help me get some sleep. It was wonderful I got about 1hr sleep and felt half human again. By Sunday morning they said that they would try a syntocinon hormone drip. I'd had enough and asked for an epidural. I got it quite quickly but it only worked fully down my right side and only a bit on the left! After throwing up all over the bed I burst my waters.

At about 1pm Sunday the doctor came in and said if I wasn't fully dilated by 6pm I would have to have a caesarean. I was gutted. After full dosage of the syntocinon drip for 6hrs the doctor came in. I was fully dilated, finally! My little boy was born at 7.30pm Sunday after 5 days of pain & 30 mins pushing with the help of forceps and an episiotomy. No caesarean, brilliant... Very HappySimply the best moment in my life



totz2teens©  2006-2008
Although we take every care in the publication of this website,  totz2teens cannot guarantee the accuracy of the contents, or accept liability for any action or consequence resulting from the information presented  nor for the claims or representations of advertisers on the site.    All logos & slogans used within this site are the property of their respective owners.